Sunday, August 25, 2013

A Day of Visiting with Special Family and Friends after Church

End view of Travis and Noel's house

Their living room - fireplace
August 25th - Sunday   Beautiful - Sunny with a delightful breeze

Today we slept in a bit, as we had a really busy day, I spent the day unloading the motor home and doing laundry, cleaning cupboards, drawers and helping Lou dismantle the car from the hitch with a great deal of trouble.  We found that we can not get part of the hitch off, that there has been damage done to the hood and the car is going to need to have some body work done.  Towing is hard on the car, especially on some of the roads we traveled.  We were both more than ready for bed last evening.  It was about 7:00 when Lou finished cutting the grass.  Steve had kept it cut for us while we were away and if we had stayed away another day, he would have had it done for us again.

After our church service today, we enjoyed breakfast at Perkins then to Walmart for a few groceries and I wanted to pick up a small upright vacuum sweeper for the RV, I have always used a small canister that I get on my hands and knees and use, but with my hip problems this will be much easier to use.  I had used up all of the memory on my SD card in my camera and needed to pick up a new one.  Then we stopped at Lou's house and dropped off all of Preston's things that he left in the RV and then to Lou's sister's house to pick up things that she had for us and to leave all of the books that I had read while we were away.

Our mission was to go to my grandson's new house and see what progress they were making on their house.  He (the Marine) is leaving the Marines after 10 years in September and he and his wife have purchased a home in Stonyfork and are completely redoing it inside and out.  They tore off a garage, have put on new siding, new windows, doors and a new roof, cut down some trees.  Today they were working on some wiring inside.  Lou and I had been out before they tore down the garage and I didn't realize there was a fireplace and chimney and I was amazed at how beautiful it was.  We are really happy for them, and both of the grandsons are doing a great job on it, with help from their father.

After we left there I wanted to go and see my brother, as I hadn't seen him since we came back.  Krista told me that she doesn't see him much and I thought that was strange, as he is normally up and down the road many times a day.  I know he is having a rough time since his wife died, as I had talked to him every other day while we were away.  When we drove in his drive way, I understood why Kris hadn't been seeing as much of him.  He has been painting his house.  Joanne had told me that they had picked out new colors when I talked to her before we left.  He said it was easier to work outside than to be inside and all of us that have lost a spouse know what he is saying.  We had a nice talk and it ended with all of us in tears, but that is alright too, as that is all part of the mourning process.

We then visited with my good friends that had just lost their son in a tragic accident just before we left and we were unable to attend his service, and it was good to be able to share their grief with them also, as we have been through many of these sad times together and know each other so well that it is easy to talk with both of them and they have a deep love of God and that makes it easier to handle for all of us.

It was about 7:00 when we returned home and we changed our clothes and watered our flowers and garden a little.  Hopefully, the weatherman is right and we get some much needed rain this week.  Things are dry.

No comments:

Post a Comment