Thursday, August 22, 2013

Hancock, New Hampshire

August 22nd - Thursday - Hot and Humid 89 degrees

This morning did not start out the best.  I was getting everything around and was just finishing the breakfast dishes and had the bathroom to finish up, had the shower all cleaned and had stored the items in the shower that travel in the shower when all of a sudden all of the holding tanks backed up into the shower and all of the items in the shower were floating in the dirty holding tank water.  YUCK!!  I had asked Lou and Preston two days ago if they had remembered to open the tanks, as we had full hook ups. You guess it, no they had not, what a mess I had.  I was not pleased and I shared my joy with both of them.  Two grown men doing the outside work and couldn't remember to open a valve.  So I had to take everything out of the shower, scrub everything up and clean the shower and reclean the bathroom, and they were upset because I wasn't ready to leave at the designated time.  Like I said it was not the best of days.

This being a travelling day,  I put on my earphone and my i-pod and read my new book of Danielle Steel - Friends Forever and I guess we traveled through Maine into New Hampshire.  Finally at 4:30 Lou suggested we find a place to spend the night, and the first place he chose and I called was full, so we finally ended up at Seven Maples Campground in Hancock, New Hampshire.  Was terribly hot and could not use the A/C and the microwave at the same time, so cooked dinner, then turned on the A/C to enjoy our dinner.  We have no television, but do have internet, so caught up on my e-mail and found a lovely e-mail from my granddaughter and a new picture of my new great granddaughter that she had written at 4:30 this morning.  Can you tell that she is a new mommy.  This is her fifth daughter.

I heard plans for the trip plan tomorrow and Syracuse mentioned, so guess we are on the way home.

No comments:

Post a Comment