Saturday, August 10, 2013

Touring Peggy's Cove

At Peggy's Cove
Preston at  Peggy's Cove

Church at Peggy's Cove
Shows how different the  trees grow
Peggy's Cove
The Lighthouse at Peggy's Cove
Sculpture into the rocks
The light house at Peggy's Cove

My breakfast at The Finer Diner
August 10th - Saturday - Beautiful Day with cooler  temperatures 70's

We all decided we would go out for breakfast while it cleared off, so we headed towards Peggy's Cove.  I read a book about the area while we were in Florida several years ago and had an idea in my head on what it would look like.  My imagination was not as good as the sights that we saw.  It was really breath taking and the country side was much different from anything I had ever seen before.  The glaciers that had passed over this area many many years ago left many rocks in its path.  You can see from the pictures how different it looks.

My breakfast consisted of fried salted cod fish cakes that were served with a green tomato relish and a homemade biscuit and fresh butter.  I am a person that does not like eggs, so I always look for something different for breakfast and this was a wonderful choice.  Lou enjoyed blueberry pancakes, sausage and pure maple syrup.

I am just going to post pictures of our drive on up to Peggy's Cove and let you enjoy what we saw.   Tomorrow after church we are going to the Maritime Museum for the afternoon.
At Peggy's Cove

At our Campsite
Unfortunately, with limited internet here at our campsite, I don't get the blog to do what I would like it to do and the pictures down load very slowly and seem to go where they want to, am sorry they didn't turn out like I wanted them to.

No comments:

Post a Comment