Monday, August 12, 2013

Celebrating Lou's Birthday in Baddeck, Nova Scotia



August 12th - Monday - Beautiful Day - Low 70's with a gentle breeze

I just never get tired looking at the beautiful scenery as we drive along.  I am amazed at the beautiful flat farm country.  It is no wonder they grow such wonderful produce to sell in their farmer's markets.
The waterways and sailing ships are just breathtaking to me, I just can't get enough pictures of them, then I  try to decide which ones I want to post, I love them all.  Krista and Michelle know how I love the grass that grows along the waterways, as I always try to get them to sketch pictures of it for me.

Today we left Peggy's cove and drove north for about four hours and late this afternoon we pulled into Baddeck, N.S.  We are camped at Bras D^Or Lakes Campgrounds for three nights.  We have a nice view of the water, but the mosquitoes are bad even in the daytime, so won't spend a lot of time outside at the campground.  I think Lou and Preston have plans on what we are going to do for the three days that we are here, but I don't know yet what it is.  Something about a fort of some sort for tomorrow.

We had to run to the grocery tonight and stock up on a few things, I was amazed to find that a half gallon of skim milk was $4.71.  I hope the farmer is getting the profits from the milk.  We purchased our groceries from a co-op which was nice and we were able to get locally grown items and freshly baked bread.  I made all of us a huge tossed salad with a chicken breast on top of each of them for our dinner.  Lou had requested ice cream for dessert, as he hadn't had any in two weeks and that is a long time for him.  That was his birthday cake!!  He turned 87 today and celebrated by watching a movie on Dish, a western, of course with Gary Cooper.

View from our living room window

Cargo Ship with a tug along side

Harbor view

St. Anne's Ferry

No comments:

Post a Comment