Saturday, August 31, 2013

Mixed up Easter Cactus

 August 31st Warm and Humid

We have spent the last couple of days working outside trying to catch up on some of our neglected yard work.  Lou has been trimming bushes and I have started cutting back perennials which is a never ending job.  I dread starting on the iris, as I have so many and they take forever to do, but it is something that needs to be done.

   I have peonies that need to be divided and I just read in my gardening magazine that all gardeners need to set aside the 15th of September to do that.  So Kris and I have done just that.  Yesterday I divided my Lamb's Ear and took some up to Kris, I usually start with my over flow to her as she is close by.

I spotted my cactus yesterday when I watered and the poor thing must be mixed up.  I usually put them outside in the summer in the shade to soak up the rays and the rain water and they flourish and this one surely did, it is just covered with buds.  This is a cactus that I think I have written about before, Michelle started it when she was in grade school and the poor thing has been broken off many time and we just keep repotting  it and it blooms and it seems this year, it decided to bloom at a different time.  I often miss when it blooms, and Kris gets to see it, as it occurs when we are in Florida.

I am so glad to see August come to an end.  I have started pulling apart my summer deck, want to get it scrubbed up and get out my fall decorations.  Want to get my house washed down.  I started my attack on the spiders last evening, always try to get them under control before I wash the house down.

Have had to change my plans, wanted to spray paint the barn before I started on the house; however, the electrician that is working on my new service hasn't finished the power to the barn, so have to wait for him to finish.  Change in plans.

No comments:

Post a Comment