Friday, August 9, 2013

On Our Way to Nova Scotia



August 9th - Friday - On our Way to Hallifax, Nova  Scotia

It is with a very heavy heart that I  write this blog post today, as one of my dear followers, my sister-in-law Joanne Goodwin passed away yesterday.  When I talked to her the day  before we left  she told me to be sure and post as often as I could as she could no longer travel and she traveled along with me with my blog posts, so I always thought of her  when I posted.  I have so many happy memories of  Joanne, as from the time my brother started dating her in high school she has been a part of my life, they visited us when we lived in Ohio and helped us when we moved back to Pennsylvania and were our good friends when we moved back home, we raised our kids together and as  our kids grew up we remained good friends and talked regularly.  My how I will miss this dear person.  Thankfully, my kids are at home to see to it flowers have been ordered and they will be at the funeral and I have talked to my brother and he knows that I couldn’t get back home in time…..



Yesterday we traveled to the Hopewell Rocks in the Bay of Fundy.  We walked around the Flower Pot Rocks and enjoyed the scenery from the  viewing deck along the way.  We walked to the  Demoiselle Beach  to view the rock formations and the salt marshes and watched the water rise as the worlds highest tides earn their reputation of 39 foot at the site where we were.  It was truly almost unbelievable what we viewed.



We stopped at a working horse ranch for lunch on our way and caught a Ferrier busy at work.  Made me think of my cousin, Francis Spencer, that used to put shoes on my Sophie and Scooter.  I would have loved to saddled up a horse and “hit the trail”.



After walking the trails to reach the Flower Pots, which was a lovely walking trail, which took us about 15 minutes to walk to and then we did a lot of walking on the beach and then on several other trails looking around, we had worked up an  appetite, so we decided to stop at a Lobster Shop.  We had seen one advertised on the way up.


It was called Alma Lobster Shop in Alma, New Brunswick.  It was Bay of Fundy lobster and we had read that lobster was coming to the end of the season, so decided it was time to get it now, as scallops would be the next in season.  Lou and I both ordered a pound and half lobster with potato salad and hot coffee, they were find enough to crack and cut it for us and we were off to our table with everything we needed to enjoy and “oh my gosh” did we ever enjoy, it was so tender an so good.  The potato salad was so well seasoned and delicious.  The perfect meal.  We both ate for less than $30.00!!
Add caption
My lobster dinner
One of the beautiful farms we passed today


After we got back home, we had showers and  planned out where we were going for the next few days and decided as long as I still have phone service I would  call in the morning and make reservations for the next week, as we are not sure of cell coverage.  I am the only one that can use their phone at this point.  Thank you Indigo!  We are supposed to have internet at the next two sites that will be six days, so hopefully I will be able to post.  Three nights will be in Hallifax then to Baddeck.

No comments:

Post a Comment