Monday, August 19, 2013

Touring Prince Edward Island National Park - Lunch at Riverside Diner, Morell, PEI

August 19th - Monday - Another beautiful day - 78 degrees

We took the car and toured the National Park of Prince Edward Island.  From this picture you can see why they talk about the red cliffs of P.E.I.  The red sandstone is just beautiful and some different from the beaches that we see in the United States.

The water was actually very warm and the sand was wonderful way to get a pedicure 

We enjoyed wading in the water and picking up different shells from the ones that we have picked up in the south


Can you tell Lou enjoyed his lunch?
Our Cook at Riverside Diner
After driving all afternoon and missing lunch we started looking for a place to eat and we didn't come up with something that was suitable until we drove up to The Riverside Diner.  We almost missed the sign, Lou came to a quick stop and we found a place to park and went inside.  The specials were posted on a huge bulletin board and everything looked good.

Lou is very fond of seafood chowder and he ordered a bowl of that and it came with a biscuit, thinking that would not be enough for him, I ordered a bowl of chowder and asked them to create me a sandwich, as they advertised.  I ordered Montreal smoked meat, with cheese, tomato, lettuce and red onion on their homemade bread.  I forgot to mention it was a bakery also and smelled wonderful.  She came out later and asked me what kind of bread I would like and I asked for multi-grain and she asked it I would like it grilled and I thought that sounded great.

Well let me tell you when she brought our food, we both had a huge bowl of chowder and it was delicious, with plenty of fish, scallops, lobster, shrimp and clams, with a few potatoes, celery, onions and seasoned just perfectly.  Lou and I have ordered chowder every place we have eaten and this was the cheapest and the best of any we have had and the  homemade  biscuit was just like mother made.  The sandwich was delicious and generous with everything that was on it.  A meal that one would have expected to have been served in an upscale restaurant.

After we ate our meal, I asked the gal that fixed our food, if I could take her picture to post it on our blog and she happily consented.  She certainly earned the recognition.  It was a great meal.  It was the Riverside Diner - 7621 St. Peter/s Highway, Morell, PEI - Canada -  Lou brought cinnamon rolls to have with our breakfast tomorrow morning.

 You noted that I talked about the Red Cliffs of P.E.I., Well this "T" Shirt Company took advantage of the Red Dirt and makes shirts that are only suitable to PEI and I wanted to see how they were made, so Lou and I did the factory tour.
See the piles of the red dirt

The dirt is washed into the white shirts and then a special rinse put into the final rinse, to keep the color of the dirt into the fabric.
They recommend that the shirts be washed with your colored clothes on the first wash, but they do not wash out.  They are sold with packets of the red dirt from PEI

Tomorrow we say "goodbye to PEI and head back to the states.  Our first stop after we leave Canada is going to be Bar Harbor.  We expect to still be in Canada tomorrow night.

No comments:

Post a Comment