Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Acadia National Park - Bar Harbor, Maine





August 21st - Wednesday - Hot 88 degrees and humid

I miss the cooler weather that we enjoyed in PEI; however, we set out for Acadia National  Park and enjoyed the sights there and once we got to the higher elevation, it was a bit cooler.  The ranger warning was for poor breathing conditions and you can see from the pictures there is a haze in some of the pictures.

Our first stop was at a Nature Center and a lovely labeled of Wild Gardens of Arcadia and I had to take pictures of some of the wild plants that were growing.  I guess I had never seen a Jack in the Pulpit when it went to seed.  I remember Krista bringing me one from our woods when she was a preteen and we planted it and it lived for a long time, but don't remember it going to seed.

Holly Berry Tree (was a tall tree)

Touch-me-nots
A view from Otter Cliff

Jordan Pond


After we finished one side of the park, we got off the planned route and searched for a place to have lunch and we decided to eat at Cafe Drydock and Inn in Southwest Harbor.  It was a delightful inn and a wonderful lunch was served to us with huge glasses of ice water and lemon.  It reminded me of the Golden Lamb in Lebanon, Ohio.  I had to take a couple pictures of the interior, as it was decorated in the same fashion as I have decorated my home and we felt right at home.
Dining Room where we ate

Another view of the dining room
Seawall


Lighthouse at Bass Harbor


Tomorrow we leave Maine and move further south on our way home.  Sounds like everyone is anxious to get back home.  We have to go to Syracuse, therefore returning the same way we came, as Preston has to pick up his car that he left at  Camping World in Syracuse.

No comments:

Post a Comment