Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Journey Through New Hampshire and into Maine

August 6th - Tuesday - Cool and Beautiful

We were up and packed and ready to leave Hanscom AFB at 10:00 AM.  We traveled a route that our GPS came up with we asked for a route that didn't take freeways, so we could enjoy the country side.  Lou agreed to stick to the route and we did great.  Some of it was difficult driving as we drove route 1 along the shore and it was beautiful.

The above picture was taken in New Hampshire of a beautiful lake with sailboats on it, but I didn't get all that I wanted to get, notice all of the lavender in the foreground?  It is very plentiful along the roadsides.

After lunch we headed for L L Bean, and found that it had changed a great deal since last visited, was more of an outlet grouping now, but thankfully there was RV parking lots and we certainly took advantage.  I did not see where the prices were reduced at all and I didn't purchase anything.  I prefer to do my shopping on line and take advantage of the sales.  The store was neat to see and I will post pictures that I took in the store.
A display at LL Bean

Moose Display at LL Bean

After leaving LL Bean we drove further north to Plymira, Maine and that is where we are staying tonight.We are in a beautiful camp ground on a golf course, as you can see from the pictures, we have no one around us and it is a beautiful site.

Tomorrow we are planning on going to Bay of Fundy in New Brunswick.  Will be a  long day and I will post when I can.  We were not supposed to have internet service here, but did, so this was unexpected and everyone else is ready for bed!!

No comments:

Post a Comment