Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Back in the USA

August 20th - Tuesday - Overcast and cooler

We bid farewell to Prince Edward Island this morning as we head over the Confederation Bridge.  They charged us $59.00 to cross over the bridge and that was for the motor home and the car being towed and that certainly was the best way to go.  We were not charged to take the ferry coming onto the Island and only charged taking the bridge off.  Something for all RV owners to remember.

We left at 10:00 this morning and made it all the way to Bar Harbor this evening at 8:00 pm.  It was longer than we normally drive, but everything was going well and we could not find a place that had a vacancy, so we kept on coming and found this place with a reservation about 4:00 pm.  It is huge and we will stay here for two nights at least.  It is called Timberland Acres and we were lucky to get a pull-thru site.

One thing I wanted to do while we were at PEI was to get ice cream at Cows.  When I was doing my research on the the trip it was suggested that a stop be made there.  Stating that it was Canada's most popular spot for ice cream.  It was a trip to the ice cream store unlike none I have ever had before.  The smell of fresh made waffle cones, either vanilla or chocolate lured you in through the door.  The ice cream is creatively name and delicious flavors like "gooey mooey" or "wowie cowie".  Lou and I certainly enjoyed our choices.  The store also sold t-shirts and humorous parodies of pop culture, such as cowy potter and the udder of the phoenix, to name a few.  It was a neat experience.
Tonight we enjoyed pot roast that I cooked in the crock pot yesterday, thankfully it was all prepared and all I had to do was fix a salad and warm everything up.  Lou has television tonight and has f ound a movie to enjoy and I finished a book and we have gained the hour back that we lost going into Canada, and everyone has cell service again.  Things are returning to normal.  I am amazed with Indigo, as I had service on my cell phone all the time we were away, as they told me I would have.

I thought the Canadian flag was pretty also and it waved very proudly at all locations.  Many times the American flag also flew.

No comments:

Post a Comment